Coho/US is not requiring a formal agreement for our presenters. Your generosity in sharing your wisdom and experience is very appreciated, and we are proud you are part of our program. We are providing these expectations and information to ensure a good experience for all.
We are here to help:
Conference Manager - Alice Alexander alicecohous [at] gmail [dot] com
Sustainability Guru - Jenny Godwin jenny [dot] godwin [at] cohousing-solutions [dot] com
Logistics Coordinator - Georgia Handforth ghandforth [at] gmail [dot] com
On-Site Presenter Assistant - Catya Belfer catya [at] pobox [dot] com
A/V Coordinator: Rod Kochtitzky rod [at] rodk [dot] net
FIC Bookstore: Kim Kanney bookstore [at] ic [dot] org
Exhibit Coordinator: Ty Albright tmalbright [at] verizon [dot] net
Registrar Manager: Peter Lazar peterlazar [at] gmail [dot] com
Catch-all email for questions, routing to Alice: conference [at] cohousing [dot] org
• Presenters receive complimentary registration, excluding pre-conference intensives. Travel and lodging is the responsibility of presenters. Pre-conference intensive presenters will evenly split (50/50) net proceeds with Coho/US (intensive registration revenues less 5.5% + .99 service fee per registrant and less approved materials expenses).
• Promotion - Presenters are encouraged to help us promote the conference. In particular, please share our
conference video channel;
conference flyer and
conference facebook page
among your networks and social media. Promote your own session or intensive by linking your web page along with an inspirational message; share with conference [at] cohousing [dot] org so we can post on other networks.
• No videotaping or recording of intensives, sessions or discussions unless you the presenter arrange for this yourself, and all of your participants agree.
• A/V equipment will be provided by Coho/US. Unless you make special arrangements, each intensive and session room will include a screen, laptop and projector and potentially a microphone. Each facilitated discussion room will include a flip chart and pens. For special needs, email conference [at] cohousing [dot] org.
• Room setup will assume, unless you arrange differently (by emailing conference [at] cohousing [dot] org):
Intensives - Rounds
Sessions - Theater
Discussions - Circle
• Materials: As part of our “greening the conference,” toward reducing our environmental impact, we encourage you to provide presentation materials online (email conference [at] cohousing [dot] org). If your material is proprietary and/or you want to provide hard copies to your participants, that is okay! You can bring materials with you, or have them copied at the business office at the hotel. If you need assistance, email Logistics Coordinator Georgia Handforth ghandforth [at] gmail [dot] com
• Book Sales: We are pleased to be partnering with the FIC to sell your books and tapes at the conference. If this is of interest, please contact Kim Kanney bookstore [at] ic [dot] org
• Shipping and Storage: Due to limited storage space, the Millennium Maxwell Hotel requests that shipments not arrive any earlier than 48 hours prior to May 18. Storage charges of $25 per day per box will apply for shipments that arrive earlier. Ship to:
Millennium Maxwell House Hotel, 2025 Rosa L Parks Blvd, Nashville, TN, 37228 Attention: Cohousing Conference
• Participant List - At the conference, we will provide online access to a participant list. Intensive presenters will receive, prior to your intensive, a list of participants registered. After the conference, this list will be amended if needed.
• Lodging: we encourage presenters to stay with us at the Millennium Maxwell House Hotel which offers a conference discount. If anyone would like to share a room, please email conference [at] cohousing [dot] org.
• Airport Shuttle - The hotel provides airport shuttle service (615) 259-4343
• Meals included with complimentary registration include Friday Keynote Dinner; Saturday lunch, and Saturday late afternoon/early evening Reception at Germantown Commons. Thursday, Friday and Sunday lunch is on your own; a buffet will be available at the restaurant, currently priced at $13.00. If you missed providing us with your food restrictions, e.g., vegan, vegetarian, dairy free and/or gluten-free, email conference [at] cohousing [dot] org
• Visit our FAQ conference webpage.
• Sponsor and Presenter Reception- Presenters are invited to attend a reception for sponsors and presenters on Thursday, May 18, 4:30 - 5:30 pm. No need to RSVP.