Once upon a time, the world was infinite. The edges of the map simply defined what was known, not all that was. Then it became common knowledge that the earth was round, and “the world” started to become something finite. When we were able to see the entire planet, from outer space, it really started to set in. This is it.
The Cohousing Consortium is seeking to expand and bring together the best of the best professional resources committed to cohousing, working collaboratively to create vibrant, sustainable intentional communities.
PLEASE JOIN US for an informative and open discussion on the formation of a cohousing consortium.
The idea for a consortium grew out of the following questions:
--> Just as cohousing is a different way of living, is there a different way of working that is inclusive and collaborative?
--> Can we create a work model that helps cohousing grow?
Closetbox ("Self Storage Without Leaving Your Home") is our latest Community Sponsor of the 2017 National Cohousing Conference. When I asked Outreach Director Mike Williams why the Closetbox was partnering with us, he explained that he learned about cohousing from one of his customers. Here is what he shared:
The members and prospective members of Prairie Hill Cohousing have been curious about how other cohousing communities get their work done. We're all assuming that we will cooperate in many ways to make our community run well. And we're also assuming that there will be some things that we just hire out.
Saul Of-Hearts, the Fellowship of Intentional Community
This is an interview with Eris Weaver, a presenter at the National Cohousing Conference in Nashville May 19-21. Eris will be leading several workshops at the event, including Cohousers in Politics and Let’s Talk About Money. Check out our overview of the event to learn more, and be sure to visit our bookstore if you attend #Coho2017 in person!
McCamant & Durrett Architects of Nevada City, CA is seeking to hire an accomplished practitioner of the design trade. An architect, yes, but an artisan really. Someone who loves to make strong, beautiful, high functioning, eco-groovy and economical buildings as much as we do.
Posts from Cohousing-L Email Discussion Listserve March 2017
...to all of you cohousers who keep your various official documents, minutes, site map, consensus log, new-member orientation materials, etc. on-line - what software or product are you using, and how well does it work for you?
Muriel at Shadowlake Village, Blacksburg, VA
Are you observing any of these symptoms of burnout and disengagement in your community:
· Participation at community meetings, in work projects and on teams has decreased
· Difficulty with leadership development: vacant leadership positions or the same people are in leadership roles in perpetuity
· Signs of unresolved conflict such as people going out of their way to avoid specific people in your community
· Gossip about community members is increasing
· Confusion about who to go to within the community about specific concerns and issues
· "Authorities" within or outside of your community are contacted instead of people speaking directly with a community member
· Things have changed in the community, but not for the better: it doesn't look as attractive, more money is going to upkeep, there is less interaction within the community