• 3 bed, 3 full bath single-family attached home
• 1643 heated square footage with 870-square-foot unfinished basement
• Energy-efficient, passive solar, southwest-facing home on 4,591-square foot lot
• Low-maintenance, low-cost-of-living home
This bright, sunny home sits on a private, wooded lot with mature, fruit-bearing apple and apricot trees. Ample morning light bathes the front porch and kitchen, while sunset hour on the redwood back deck is perfect for enjoying a drink with friends and viewing the pinyon and juniper forest. Or wind your way through the flagstone sitting area to the community hot tub with privacy and ease. The professionally landscaped yard is easy to maintain with an in-ground, programmable sprinkler system; a raised bed in the front of the house is perfect for a small home garden.
As you enter the home, kick off your shoes in the corner mudroom with a built-in bench and shelving. The light-filled kitchen features a dining nook, large center island with counter space for barstools, and a walk-in pantry. Adding to the beauty and functionality of the kitchen space are plentiful solid oak cabinets with quiet drawer slides, a lazy Susan corner cabinet, 18-inch ceramic tiles, recessed and under-counter lighting, an exposed beam, and a peek-through to the living room.
The living room is an open and airy space with a cathedral ceiling and picture windows overlooking the side and back yards. Enjoy your morning coffee/tea while watching deer and wild turkey walk through the yard.
Bedrooms are spacious, with vaulted ceilings on the second floor. The two back bedrooms command amazing views of the Heartwood “outback,” while the southwest exposure in the master bedroom drenches this room in sunshine. Closets are generous, with built-in shelving. The first- and second-floor back bedrooms each have an adjoining full bath, while the master bathroom is en suite. All bathrooms are tiled and have solid oak cabinets.
In the basement, three walkout window wells offer abundant natural light. A fourth bathroom is plumbed in should you wish to finish this space. Large wooden shelves line the basement walls for easy storage.
Additional home features:
• Whirlpool kitchen appliances: Gas range with external exhaust, dishwasher, and new stainless steel French-door refrigerator
• In-line reverse osmosis water filtration system
• Washer/dryer convey with home
• Carport with closet and overhead storage included in purchase
• Energy-efficient boiler installed in 2018
• Whole-house exhaust fan draws in cool air
• Skylight on landing with overlook to living room
• Ceiling fans in living room and master bedroom
• Baseboard hot water heaters keep home cozy
This home is located in Heartwood Cohousing, located 18 miles east of Durango, CO. As a member you'll enjoy access to 360 acres of land, including trails, pastures, and gardens. Other amenities include a hot tub, tennis court, growing dome, yurt, professional woodworking shop, optional shared meals, and so much more. The greater Four Corners area is an outdoor enthusiast's dream, with soaring mountains and high desert canyons within an hour's drive. Don’t miss this rare opportunity to be part of a vibrant, connected community in Southwest Colorado!
ccmaisano [at] gmail [dot] com