This sunny 2-bedroom flat is within walking distance of downtown Bristol yet it is an exceptionally quiet place. The front door opens directly on to the community's commons and the many windows provide wonderful views of Bristol Cliffs and the surrounding hills (see the picture of our sunset view!). It is extremely energy efficient with lots of passive solar due to it's north, south and east exposure, a cold weather heat pump for heat/AC as well as a heat pump water heater. The kitchen, dining and living room have an open floor plan with 1055 sq. ft of living space.
• Brand new/barely used LG bottom freezer/refrigerator, LG electric range, LG microwave, Bosch dishwasher and LG washer and dryer stack
• Many upgraded aspects including high quality kitchen cabinets, custom woodworking and built in cabinets and electrical improvements
• The two bedrooms each have large closets, ceiling fans and 3 windows each
• Entry mudroom with large coat closet and a slate floor
• All windows have custom blinds, most with the ability to open from the bottom or top
• The private south-facing deck can be reached from via a door from the kitchen/dining room
As with all properties at Bristol Village CoHousing, community residents also own a "share" of the common property. This includes the historic (but newly renovated) Peake House, a 3,800 sq. ft. 5 bedroom house used by members for community meals, for guest housing and gatherings. Discussions are underway about using the Peake House for income generation for the community as well. There are also 2 barns, a pottery studio and 18 raised garden beds. Please see Bristol Village CoHousing for more info about our wonderful multigenerational community.
Due to personal life circumstances, we regrettably have had to put our place on the market soon after it was completed, before we fully moved in. It is therefore like new and ready for immediate occupancy. For qualified buyers, we are able to offer "owner financing" which saves many thousands of dollars in closing costs and is ideal for people relocating from another state. Furthermore, although the property has already achieved substantial appreciation based on the improvements to buildings and land since we paid for the apartment, the price we are asking is based on our actual costs without any increase.
Price of 2 bedroom unit - $269,920
Share of the Peake House, 2 "downtown acres" and all common property - $48,620
Total price - $318,540
Please get in touch for further information about the apartment and our community, detailed financial information or to arrange for a visit.
dfm26vt [at] gmail [dot] com