Architecture Internship at McCamant & Durrett Architects
The intent of the six-month paid internship is to give an architect the opportunity for professional growth while they contribute to a studio doing cutting-edge design work. McCamant & Durrett Architects (MDA) is a full-service architecture firm that specializes in designing multi-family projects called Cohousing, which involves the future residents in the design process. Interns contribute to the completion of real projects and a wide array of experiences, all in the context of community design as a building a viable and sustainable society. Interns also learn to facilitate participatory design and sustainable design principals in the production of multi-family housing. Within the MDA framework there is opportunity for interns to explore their individual interests and their role in the fields of architecture, planning and environmental design.
MDA interns are activists and organizers, as well as, architects.
• Drafting in Vectorworks
• Assisting in completing permit and construction sets within deadlines
• Land use planning
• Developing models and sketches
• Assisting in Cohousing Design Workshops
• Research projects (such as a post-occupancy evaluation project or similar)
• Small miscellaneous administrative tasks
• Attend team meetings
• Cooperate with fellow associates and promote a positive team spirit
• Degree in Architecture or similar experience
• Fluent in English (written and oral)
• Fluent in the Imperial measurement system (feet and inches)
• Experience w/ CAD programs and drafting
• Proficient Mac knowledge
• Ability and willingness to learn Vectorworks
• Experience w/ Adobe Suite – mainly Photoshop and InDesign
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Interested in self-development and is committed to honing design skills
• Strong graphic and drawing skills
• Interest in creating cohousing communities
• Interest in designing multifamily housing that is environmentally friendly
• Must be able to live in Nevada City area for entire length of internship
• Read cohousing books: Creating Cohousing: Building Sustainable Communities and The Senior Cohousing Handbook: A Community Approach to Independent Living
How to Apply:
Must be able to work in the U.S. to apply.
Send cover letter, resume, and portfolio to Charles [dot] durrett [at] cohousingco [dot] com. We will call you to set up an appointment.
Thank you for your interest.
lindy [dot] sexton [at] cohousingco [dot] com