Wasatch Commons Cohousing
Salt Lake City
This Unit is sold, no longer available.
Wasatch Commons is located in a quiet urban agricultural enclave just 3 miles from downtown Salt Lake City and 4 miles from the airport.
Several community members commute to work by bike or bus.
The spacious homes are clustered around a common path winding between the two parking lots on the periphery.
We are a multi-generational community which is making efforts to be child-friendly as well as having a support system for the elders.
- Features of Unit 25, the Unit for sale:
- Unit 25 is at the east end of the common path.
- The ground floor has a spacious kitchen/dining room area, a 3/4 bath, and one bedroom looking out on the backyard.
- The ergonomic kitchen has a long counter with built-in dishwasher and gas stove,
and a kitchen island in handy distance from the refrigerator.
- The kitchen/dining area looks out on the common path,
the stairless entry invites to walk out to take part in community life.
- The open staircase leads to the second floor with three more bedrooms and a full bathroom.
- The upstairs landing has a linen closet and access to a loft above the bathroom which can be used as additional storage or play area.
- The three upstairs bedrooms and the staircase landing are connected by a seamless hardwood laminate floor.
- The upstairs SW bedroom opens to a deck looking out on a spacious backyard nestled between the community workshop and a neighboring urban farm.
- The radiant heat and warm water for the entire Unit are supplied by a single high efficiency gas water heater.
- Due to the dry air in Salt Lake City, the Unit is cooled by a high efficiency evaporative cooler.
- R-control panels make for well insulated walls.
- The west wall of Unit 25 is shared with the neighboring Unit giving additional insulation.
- The other three walls are perforated by many windows flooding the entire home with light.
- None of the homes in Wasatch Commons have basements because the water table is so high.
- This ground water nourishes many trees shading the 4.5 acre lot containing garden beds, playground, and a small wooded area.
- The Common House in the middle of the central path contains a well equipped kitchen, dining room, sitting room, two guest rooms, laundry facilities, and areas for sewing and other projects.
The workshop also contains an exercise room and storage for the garden tools.
Solar panels on the East carport supply electricity for the common areas and have extra capacity for the charging of electric vehicles.
- Legally, Wasatch Commons is a condominium.
- More details about Unit 25:
- Unit 25 has 981 square feet ground floor, 748 top floor.
- One assigned covered parking stall with small storage shed is just outside the door.
- Asking price $239,000
- 2018 condo fees $290 per month, 2018 property taxes $1,563.37
- The Unit will become available on November 1st 2018 the earliest.
Hans G Ehrbar
ehrbar [at] economics [dot] utah [dot] edu
(801) 908 6937
Thursday, October 11, 2018 - 12:48